Introduction to Moodle
If this is your first time using Moodle, we encourage you to review this brief tutorial to learn about the course web, how to login and access your CS classes; and other relevant resources.
5. Subscribe to Calendar (optional)
If you use a calendaring application that is capable of subscribing to a iCalendar feed (e.g., Apple Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar), you can subscribe to your personal Moodle calendar and have course-related events automatically added to your calendar. This would include things like assignment and quiz due dates, for example.
To get your personal subscription URL:
- Go to the Moodle calendar (you can also access this link by going to the Moodle home page and clicking on the month and year in the Calendar block on the right-hand side of the page).
- Click the "Export calendar" button at the bottom of the page.
- Select your desired options (you will probably want "All events" for "Recent and next 60 days").
- Click the "Get calendar URL" button.
- Copy and paste the complete URL (see example, copy starting from the http until the end of the line) into your calendar application.